POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
17 May 2024 22:58:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Feb 2005 15:13:01
Message: <4214facd$1@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

> Jim, I have to say I love your image!

Thanks man.

> The concept, the modeling and texture are great, and the ape's fur, (though
> it suffers artifacts which I think made your image downgraded) is
> wonderfull.
> Maybe the ressources your  image needed and the time you had did not meet
> the deadline?

It was underbaked in several ways.  The technical things involved were
developing on a timeline a little out of synch with this contest.  But
again, the contest forced me to think about, and lead me to thematic
ideas, that I wouldn't have gotten to otherwise.  A number of the ideas
I tried, but were eventually discarded, *will* provide rich creative
fodder going forward.